yo! plz help me with this disc jammed...its very important!!

Playstation 2 related problems
InSaNiTy

yo! plz help me with this disc jammed...its very important!!

Post by InSaNiTy »

ok...i know other ppl have put up this topic a billion times put mines is like slight different..i think. ok a few days ago i tried to play my ps2 i turned it on and nothing showed up when i pressed eject button. the blue light didnt not turn on and nothing happenned. the only light that is lit is the green on (reset). so i took apart the ps2. cleaned out all the dust. and i know where every wire to go. put i couldnt find the problem (i know its somewhere around the disc tray but not exactly where) so is the disc tray motor messed up or the blue light is electrically short or whatever. and aslo it didnt show anything up on the screen so maybe sumthing is wrong with teh a/v cable thing...idk. it worked perfectly a week ago except for a few DREs but then it worked. but then i got another question up in my mind if theres not solution to this dilema.... do i go to a game store (e-b games or whatever) and get a used one or wait for several months until PS3 is released. and thats about 5 or 4 months from now. so thats a pretti tough decision to make for me... ha ha this is pretti long thing i type but its for the sake of my ps2. shit..im a addicted to my thing. espically MAddden 2006. so plz respond immediately to this crisis i have. thx alot email me at [email protected] if u need to. thx for listening to me. holla![/url]
david
Site Admin

Post by david »

Nice to see someone who knows his ways inside the PS2!

It sounds like your problem is more electrical than mechanical. That is, it is not a jammed drive but instead some failed component (a single capacitor can cause this issue).

Without having an descriptive electrical chart for the PS2 there is not much you can do.

I think your best option is to hand it in to service who can trace the problem and replace any components. This will be cheaper than buying a second hand Ps2 that may display its own problems in a short while.

A new slimline Ps2 is $80 so there is no reason to buy an old second hand ps2 for more than $40.

I would not wait for Ps3 as I don't think it will be released before next holidays. Not in Europe at least :-(