Clicking and Grinding

Playstation 2 related problems
DUSTIN

Clicking and Grinding

Post by DUSTIN »

What's the best way to fix the clicking and grinding problem that my PSII has? It also has put scuff marks on my Madden 2005 game.
DUSTIN
blazerman873

Post by blazerman873 »

hey I'm having the same problem :( and it ruined my madden 2005 aswell have you figured out how to fix it
BlackFate

Post by BlackFate »

i hav the same problem and 4 my nba 2005 it'll get to the loadin screen then start clickin and grindin...sumtimes it juss stays at the menu and clicks....sum1 plz help!!!im wasting my vacation!!! :(
1n_Rom3o

Post by 1n_Rom3o »

Have you guys tried opening up the ps2 and cleaning it? check here on how to open it, it also tells u how to adjust the laser:

http://www.techtv.com/xplay/features/ju ... 53,00.html.

while you're cleaning it, u should see a rail that the whole laser assembly sits on, try greasing that with white lithium grease.
IF i screw up, i'll keep trying till i cna't screw up anymore!
dali8878

disk grinding and making noises

Post by dali8878 »

I had the same problem and I read on another site to use two pieces of tape to help weigh the disk down, all I did was put two strips of electrical tape on both sides of the disk and it stopped making the noise, the tape has to be as close to the center as possible, and put evenly on both sides of the top of the disk, I didn't think it would work but it did, on my blue games, and also on my hdadvance disk. try it out :D